I'll have to do some thunkin' on this.  We just need to  get back one of the
disks, both would be great, but one more would do the trick.

After all other avenues have been tried,  one thing that you can try is to use
the 2008.05 livecd and boot into the livecd without installing the OS. Import
the pool and see if you have any better luck.  If not, you can try the zdb -l
again under the livecd as there have been bugs with that in the past on older
versions of ZFS code.

Will edit this message if I can think of something else to try.