On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Brandon High <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Tim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Perfect.  Which means good ol' supermicro would come through :)  WOHOO!
>>
>> AOC-USAS-L8i
>>
>> http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-USAS-L8i.cfm
>
> Is this card new? I'm not finding it at the usual places like Newegg, etc.
>
> It looks like the LSI SAS3081E-R, but probably at 1/2 the cost.

It appears to be the non--RAID version of the card. (That's what the R
suffix indicates). If it is that is the case, then I've got one running quite
happily in my workstation already, using the mpt driver.

James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
 http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog