I'm living with this error for almost 4 months and probably have record number of checksum errors:

core# zpool status -xv
 pool: box5
state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
       corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
       entire pool from backup.
  see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
scrub: none requested
config:

       NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
       box5        ONLINE       0     0   856
         mirror    ONLINE       0     0   428
           c1d0    ONLINE       0     0   856
           c2d0    ONLINE       0     0   856
         mirror    ONLINE       0     0   428
           c2d1    ONLINE       0     0   856
           c1d1    ONLINE       0     0   856

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

       box5:<0x0>

I've Sol 10 U5 though.

--
Rustam.

Jürgen Keil wrote:
I ran a scrub on a root pool after upgrading to snv_94, and got checksum errors:

Hmm, after reading this, I started a zpool scrub on my mirrored pool, on a system that is running post snv_94 bits: It also found checksum errors

# zpool status files
  pool: files
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
        attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors
        using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
 scrub: scrub completed after 0h46m with 9 errors on Fri Jul 18 13:33:56 2008
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        files         DEGRADED     0     0    18
          mirror      DEGRADED     0     0    18
            c8t0d0s6  DEGRADED     0     0    36  too many errors
            c9t0d0s6  DEGRADED     0     0    36  too many errors

errors: No known data errors

Addding the -v option to zpool status returned:

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

        <metadata>:<0x0>

OTOH, trying to verify checksums with zdb -c didn't find any problems:

# zdb -cvv files

Traversing all blocks to verify checksums and verify nothing leaked ...

        No leaks (block sum matches space maps exactly)

        bp count:         2804880
        bp logical:    121461614592      avg:  43303
        bp physical:   84585684992       avg:  30156    compression:   1.44
        bp allocated:  85146115584       avg:  30356    compression:   1.43
        SPA allocated: 85146115584      used: 79.30%

951.08u 419.55s 2:24:34.32 15.8%
#