On Monday 14 July 2008 08:29, Akhilesh Mritunjai wrote:
> Writable snapshots are called "clones" in zfs. So infact, you have
> trees of snapshots and clones. Snapshots are read-only, and you can
> create any number of "writable" clones from a snapshot, that behave
> like a normal filesystem and you can again take snapshots of the
> clones.

So if I snapshot a filesystem, then clone it, then delete a file
from both the clone and the original filesystem, the presence
of the snapshot will prevent the file blocks from being recovered,
and there is no way I can get rid of those blocks short of deleting
both the clone and the snapshot.  Did I get that right?

Regards,

Daniel