I'm a fan of ZFS since I've read about it last year.

Now I'm on the way to build a home fileserver and I'm thinking to go with
Opensolaris and eventually ZFS!!

Apart from the other components, the main problem is to choose the motherboard.
The offer is incredibly high and I'm lost.

Minimum requisites should be:
- working well with Open Solaris ;-)
- micro ATX (I would put in a little case)
- low power consumption but more important reliable (!)
- with Gigabit ethernet
- 4+ (even better 6+) sata 3gb controller

Also: what type of RAM to select toghether? (I would chose if good ECC, but the
rest?)

Does it make sense? What are the possibilities?