On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Emiel van de Laar wrote:

> I'm not sure what to do next. Is my final pool completely lost?

It sounds like your "good" disk has some serious problems and that
formatting the two disks with bad sectors was the wrong thing to do.
You might have been able to recover using the two failing disks by
removing the "good" disk which was causing the hang.

Since diagnostics on the "good" disk succeeded, there may still be
some hope by using a low-level tool like 'dd' to transfer the
underlying data to more reliable storage.  If there is a successful
transfer, then you have something to work with.

Bob