The second disk doesn't have the root pool on slice 2 - it is on slice 0 as
with the first disk. All I did differently was to create a slice 2 covering the
whole Solaris FDISK primary partition. If you then issue this command as before:

installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/dsk/c5t1d0s0

(Note: slice ZERO)

Then it will install grub onto that disk. You would need to ask someone else
why it needs a slice 2 - I suspect that stage1 actually gets written to the
first sector of the Solaris primary FDISK partition, hence it needs access to
the "special" slice 2 to do that.

Cheers

Andrew.