On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 09:16 -0700, Daniel Templeton wrote:
> Is there a way that I can add the disk to a ZFS pool and have
> the ZFS pool accessible to all of the OS instances?  I poked through the
> docs and searched around a bit, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

Yes.  I do that all of the time.   The trick here is to create the pool
and filesystems with the oldest Solaris you will use.  ZFS has very
good backward compatibility but not the reverse.

Here's a trick that will come in handy.  Create quite a few empty
ZFS filesystems in your oldest Solaris.  In my case the pool is
called throatwarbler and I have misc1 misc2 misc3 misc4 misc5 .....

What happens is that I will be running a newer Solaris and want a
filesystem.  Rather than reboot to the older Solaris, just rename
misc[n] to the new name.

Bob