I believe it would be handy to be able to examine properties of a ZFS pool
and all the data sets in it prior to importing the pool.  In particular I
would like to be able to do commands similar to "zfs list" and "zfs get ",
for example to see where file systems will be mounted, whether they will be
shared, eg whether new services will be started because I am importing a
pool, etc.

In addition I think a "temporary" import in read-only mode would be handy,
possibly to facilitate the above.  This temporary import should NOT update,
for example, the last host to which the pool belonged.

Any imput/suggestions before I open some RFEs?

  _Hartz

Arthur C. Clarke

Afrikaanse Stap Website: http://www.bloukous.co.za

My blog: http://initialprogramload.blogspot.com