Jorgen Lundman wrote:

>> Anyway, it has almost rebooted, so I need to go remount everything.
>>

> Not that it wants to stay up for longer than ~20 mins, then hangs. In
> that all IO hangs, including "nfsd".
>
> I thought this might have been related:
>
> http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-66-233341-1
>
> # /usr/X11/bin/scanpci | /usr/sfw/bin/ggrep -A1 "vendor 0x11ab device
> 0x6081"
> pci bus 0x0001 cardnum 0x01 function 0x00: vendor 0x11ab device 0x6081
>   Marvell Technology Group Ltd. MV88SX6081 8-port SATA II PCI-X Controller
>
> But it claims resolved for our version:
>
> SunOS x4500-02.unix 5.10 Generic_127128-11 i86pc i386 i86pc
>
> Perhaps I should see if there are any recommended patches for Sol 10 5/08?

One question to ask is: are you seeing the same messages
on your system that are shown in that Sunsolve doc? Not
just the write errors, but the whole sequence.

Can you force a crash dump when the system hangs? If you
can, then you could provide that to the support engineer
who has accepted the call you've already logged with Sun's
support organisation.

You _did_ log a call, didn't you?

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems