On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Kenny wrote:

> Tcook - Sorry bout that...
>
> Solaris 10 (8/07 I think)
> ZFS version 4
>
> How can I upgrade ZFS w/o having to rebuild with Sol 10 5/08?

You can use 'smpatch' to apply patches to your system so that
kernel/zfs wise it is essentially Sol 10 5/08.  However, I have never
heard of this sort of problem before.  Perhaps there is user error.
Perhaps you accidentally did something silly like create an 11 disk
mirror.  Or maybe you thought you configured the StorageTek 2540 to
export the entire drive as a volume but got a smaller allocation
instead (been there, done that). Using CAM is pretty tedious so you
could do the right thing for one disk and accidentally use the minimum
default size for the others.

You said that 'zpool status' reported only 9GB but there is no size
output produced by 'zpool status'.  You can use 'zpool iostat' to see
the space available.  With 'zpool iostat -v' you can see how much
space zfs is obtaining from each device.

If you can post the output of 'zpool iostat -v' then people here can
help you further.

While I don't have 1TB disks and did not use raidz, I have done much
of what you are attempting to do.  You can read about what I did at
"http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/zfs-discuss/2540-zfs-performance.pdf";.

Bob