Hi,

can anybody describe the correct procedure to replace a disk (in a working OK
state) with a another disk without degrading my pool?

For a mirror I thought off adding the spare, you'll get a three device mirror.
Let it resilver. Finally remove the disk I want.
But what would be the correct commands?
And what if I've got a pool consisting of multiple mirror vdev's?

And what about a raid-z or raid-z2 vdev? I can pull a disk and let the hotspare
take it's place. But that degrades the pool. I want to mirror the two disks and
when done remove the source disk. This way I'll never have a degraded pool. Or
am I asking for a new zpool feature?

Thanks,

Frederik