Hello Juergen,

JN> Stephen Quintero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> I am running OpenSolaris 2008.05 as a PV guest under Xen. If you
>> import the bootable root pool of a VM into another Solaris VM, the
>> root pool is no longer bootable.

JN> I had a similar problem: After installing and booting Opensolaris
JN> 2008.05, I succeded to lock myself out through some passwd/shadow
JN> inconsistency (totally my own fault). Not a problem, I thought -- I
JN> booted from the install disk, imported the root pool, fixed the
JN> inconsistency, and rebooted. Lo, instant panic.

JN> No idea why, though, I am not that familiar with the underlying
JN> code. I just did a reinstall.

I hit the same issue - once I tried to boot OS from within virtualbox
with disk partition exposed to VB - kernel couldn't mount root fs
either from VB or directly from notebook - I had to import/export pool
while booting from CD. I haven't investigated it further but I'm
surprised it's not working OOB.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]