On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 22:40 -0700, Alex Peng wrote:
> Is it fun to have autocomplete in zpool or zfs command?
>
> For instance -
>
>     "zfs cr 'Tab key' " will become "zfs create"
>     "zfs clone 'Tab key' " will show me the available snapshots
>     "zfs set 'Tab key' " will show me the available properties, then "zfs set
> com 'Tab key'" will become "zfs set compression=",  another 'Tab key' here
> would show me "on/off/lzjb/gzip/gzip-[1-9]"

Mark Musante already wrote a bash autocomplete script:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/scripts/sunScripts/zfs_completion.bash.txt

Cyril Plisko has a tcsh autocomplete script:
http://unixconsult.org/zfs_tcsh_completion

 - a ksh93 one would be nice if anyone knows of one?

I'm not sure baking this support into the zfs utilities is the right way
to go. None of the other Solaris commands do this sort of
auto-completion, do they?

        cheers,
                        tim