On 11 October, 2008 - Vizzini Sampere sent me these 1,4K bytes:

> I'd like to replace/upgrade two 500GB disks in RaidZ2 vdev with 1TB
> disks, but I have some preliminary questions/concerns before trying
> 'zfs replace dpool ???'
>
> Will ZFS permit this replacement?

Yes.

> Will ZFS use the extra space in a heterogeneous RaidZ2 vdev, or is the
> size limited by the smallest disk in the vdev?

No, until you've replaced all disks, it will still be 500G*N.

You can chop up the disk in two 500G chunks and put one into the raidz
and use the other for something else if 500G=>1000G isn't in the near
future..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå