Hi all,

I've just seen something weird. On a zpool which looks a bit busy right
now (~ 100 read op/s, 100 kB/s) I started a zfs snapshot about an hour
ago. Until now, a taking a snapshot took usually at few seconds at most
even for largish ~TByte file systems. I don't know if the read IOs are
currently related to the snapshot itself or if another user doing this
since I have not looked prior to taking the snapshot.

My remaining questions after searching the web:

(1) Is it common that snapshots can take this long?
(2) Is there a way to stop it if one assumes somethings went wrong? I.e.
is there a special signal I could send it?

Thanks for any hint

Carsten
--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert - Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Callinstrasse 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany