I'm also seeing a slow import on the 2008.11 build 98 prerelease.

but my situation is a little different :

I have the following setup:

a striped zpool of 2 mirrors, both mirrors have 1 local disk and 1 iscsi disk.

I was testing iscsiboot (windows vista) with gpxeboot, every client was booted
from a iscsi exposed zvol, and was connected via cifs to 1 zfs filesystem

I had a lot of snapshots, I enabled the automatic snapshot service last week, I
configured it to create a snapshot every 15min for every zvol and zfs
filesystem , And I configured it to keep all snapshots.

 Today (after running well for 4days) my first server crashed, I'm right now
importing the pool on my second node to test failover, but the import is
already running for more then 45min :-(

So keeping all those snapshots is a "dangerous" situation since it takes so
much time to import the zpool on a another node.