Neal Pollack wrote:

> Simple, the equiv of failsafe for OpenSolaris is to boot the live-cd,
> then manually mount your disk drive.

Yuck.  The lack of a failsafe is a *huge* step backwards, considering how
fragile the ZFS root seems to be.   The idea of having to have somebody on-site
at a datacenter with a CD to rescue a machine simply because another OS mounted
the root directory is insane.  I hope S10 doesn't go this route.

> Sort of like using Knoppix to repair a linux install,
> or WinPE to repair the mistake of installing windows...

I haven't needed to rescue a linux installation with a CD since most distros
moved to grub 5 or so years ago.

Drew