Hi Miles,

I probably should have explained that storing the zfs send on a USB device is
just one part of the strategy, and in fact that's just our way of getting the
backup off-site.

Once off-site, we do zfs receive that into another pool, and in fact we plan to
have two offsite zfs pools, plus standard tar backups on tape (just in case the
zpools all get corrupted somehow).

We're also considering streaming zfs send to file, and then ftp'ing that file
to the remote servers.  I don't fancy restarting an entire zfs send because a
packet got lost 4/5 of the way through.  I'd much rather use restartable FTP,
and do the zfs receive later on.

Ross