Hi

> Not merely a little pokey it was unacceptably slow and the casing got very
> warm.  I am guessing it was pushing CPU right to 100% all the time.  Took
> hours to load and when booting took minutes.  Also didn't see an easy way to
> disable graphical login so on boot every time it would go to scrambled
> graphics and then no easy way to get in to turn off graphics.  Trying virtual
> console switching didn't work for me.  It didn't take me long to realize this
> wasn't going to be usable.

Well... it's easy to disable graphical login:

svcadm disable cde-login

I'd also recommend to disable some other unnecessary processes, ex:

svcs | egrep
'webco|wbem|avahi|print|font|cde|sendm|name-service-cache|opengl' | awk
'{print $3}' | xargs -n1 svcadm disable

This should made your system more usable on light hardware.

Regards
Mike