another update - instead of net booting to recovery i tried adding the iso to
the primary ldom and adding it to the ldom to run installboot again from a S10
U6 dvd iso. I have return to my first error message:

{0} ok boot /[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED] -s

SPARC Enterprise T2000, No Keyboard
Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
OpenBoot 4.29.0.a, 6144 MB memory available, Serial #66845120.
Ethernet address 0:14:4f:fb:f9:c0, Host ID: 83fbf9c0.

Boot device: /[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED] File and
args: -s

Warning: Fcode sequence resulted in a net stack depth change of 1

The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

other information i am using ldom 1.0.3