Right now we are not using Oracle...we are using iorate so we don't have
separate logs.  When the testing was with Oracle the logs were separate.  This
test represents the 13 data luns that we had during those test.

The reason it wasn't striped with vxvm is that the original comparison test was
vxvm + vxfs compared to Oracle RAC on linux with ocfs.  On the linux side we
don't have a volume manager, so the database has to do the striping across the
separate datafiles.  The only way I could mimic that with zfs would be to
create 13 separate zpools and that sounded pretty painful.

Again, the thing that led us down this path was the the Oracle RAC on Linux
accompished slightly more transactions but only required 1/2 the I/O's to the
array to do so.  The Sun test, actually bottlenecked on the backend disk and
had plenty of CPU left on the host.  So if the I/O bottleneck is actually the
vxfs filesystem causing more I/O to the backend, and we can fix that with a
different filesystem, then the Sun box may beat the Linux RAC.   But our
initial testing has shown that vxfs is all it's cracked up to be with respect
to databases (yes we tried the database edition too and the performance
actually got slightly worse).