Jel,

Jens Elkner wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 03:42:17PM -0800, David Pacheco wrote:
>
>> Pawel Tecza wrote:
>>
>>> But I still don't understand why `zfs list` doesn't display snapshots
>>> by default. I saw it in the Net many times at the examples of zfs usage.
>>>
>> This was PSARC/2008/469 - excluding snapshot info from 'zfs list'
>>
>> http://opensolaris.org/os/community/on/flag-days/pages/2008091003/
>>

> The uncomplete one - where is the '-t all' option? It's really annoying,
> error prone, time consuming to type stories on the command line ...
> Does anybody remember the "keep it small and simple" thing?

This change was made because there were a lot of users who has a large
number of
snapshots. This would cause 2 problems :
- The listing of all the snapshots and filesystems would be really long.
- Also, this would take rather long time...

For those who want the older behaviour can still set the "listsnapshots"
property accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sanjeev.