On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Lori Alt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 12/02/08 10:24, Mike Gerdts wrote:
> I follow you up to here.  But why do the next steps?
>
> > zonecfg -z $zone
> > remove fs dir=/var
> >
> > zfs set mountpoint=/zones/$zone/root/var rpool/zones/$zone/var

It's not strictly required to perform this last set of commands, but
the lofs mount point is not really needed.  Longer term it will likely
look cleaner (e.g. to live upgrade) to not have this lofs mount.  That
is, I suspect that live upgrade is more likely to look at /var in the
zone and say "ahhh, that is a zfs file system - I known how to deal
with that" than it is for it to say "ahhh, that is a lofs file system
to some other zfs file system in the global zone - I know how to deal
with that."

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/