Yes, yes, Torrey, that's why I like you!

You are getting there -- the argument of snopshot is not key in its absolute
elegance, but what it does in the overall solution. When you are talking
about PiT with ADM, it made more sense, didn't it?

Please keep in mind that OpenSolaris and ZFS don't need to be the greatest
technology today, and we need to respect the older generation engineers'
thoughts -- it's an evolution of transfering enterprise capabilities to
industry-standard solutions -- not a revolution that Sun Storage just
re-invented everything.

And think strategically, is VSS just an API?   Even it is, by some logic,
but what this API doos, in MS long term marketing strategy and its intent to
claim "enterprise". -- and how OpenSolaris and ZFS can claim "more
enterprise", one day???

I have lots other work to do, cannot chat no more.
But this is the first year since 2002 that I did not visit Sun Storage, and
chat with Real Sun Storage folks over drinks. Miss you guys!
As every year, here is my contribution to open storage -- my frank comments.

Happy holidays!
zStorageAnalyst