I'm trying to add a pair of new cache devices to my zpool, but I'm
getting the following error:

# zpool add space cache c10t7d0
Assertion failed: nvlist_lookup_string(cnv, "path", &path) == 0, file
zpool_vdev.c, line 650
Abort (core dumped)

I replaced a failed disk a few minutes before trying this, so the
zpool is still resilvering.  The pool also has an existing cache
device, so this will be the second (with a third waiting at c10t6d0).

The error message is kind of opaque, and I don't have the ZFS source
handy to look at the assertion and see what it's checking.  Is this
caused by the resilvering or is something wrong?

Scott