Hi Alex,

The fact that you have to install the boot blocks manually on the
second disk that you added with zpool attach is a bug! I should have
mentioned this bug previously.

If you had used the initial installation method to create a mirrored
root pool, the boot blocks would have been applied automatically.

I don't think a way exists to discern whether the boot blocks are
already applied. I can't comment on why resilvering can't do this step.

Cindy