This post from close to a year ago never received a response.  We just had this
same thing happen to another server that is running Solaris 10 U6.  One of the
disks was marked as removed and the pool degraded, but 'zpool status -x' says
all pools are healthy.  After doing an 'zpool online' on the disk it resilvered
in fine.  Any ideas why 'zpool status -x' reports all healthy while 'zpool
status' shows a pool in degraded mode?

thanks,
Ben