Carson Gaspar wrote:
> Gregory Edwards - Software Support wrote:
>
>> [r...@osprey /] # zfs set quota=800g target/u05
>>
>> cannot set property for 'target/u05': size is less than current used or
>> reserved space
>> target/u05          1.06T   206G
>>
>> target/u...@1         671G      -
>> He was able to set them all all pools except target/u05. He is also
>> asking if it is safe for him to delete the
>> snap shot without causing any problems?  target/u...@1         671G
>
> Well, he'll lose the snapshot, but otherwise it should be fine. Unless
> there's data he needs to recover from the snap, I don't see any issues.

They may want to use "refquota" instead of "quota"
However, I do not believe refquota is available in
Solaris 10 5/08, so they would need to upgrade.

Description of refquota from zfs(1m):
      refquota=size | none

          Limits the amount of space a dataset can  consume.  This
          property  enforces  a  hard limit on the amount of space
          used. This hard limit does not  include  space  used  by
          descendents, including file systems and snapshots.

  -- richard-who-has-been-RTFMing-all-day