On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Nathan Kroenert
<nathan.kroen...@sun.com> wrote:
> Are you able to qualify that a little?
>
> I'm using a realtek interface with OpenSolaris and am yet to experience any
> issues.

There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that replacing the rge driver with
the gani driver can fix poor NFS and CIFS performance. Another option
is to use an Intel NIC in place of the Realtek.

Search the archives for "gani" or "slow CIFS" and you'll find several
people who resolved poor performance by getting rid of the rge driver.

While it's not hard evidence, it seems to indicate that there are
problems with the driver (and most likely the hardware).

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com