That's my understanding too.  One (STEC?) drive as a write cache,
basically a write optimised SSD.  And cheaper, larger, read optimised
SSD's for the read cache.

I thought it was an odd strategy until I read into SSD's a little more
and realised you really do have to think about your usage cases with
these.  SSD's are very definitely not all alike.