On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 07:37, Peter van Gemert <opensola...@petervg.nl> wrote:
> Is there any way I can create concat pools.
Not that I'm aware of.  However, pools that are not redundant at the
zpool level (i.e., mirror or raidz{,2}) are prone to becoming
irrevocably faulted; creating non-redundant pools, even on
"intelligent" storage arrays, is thus not recommended.

> Main reason is that the underlying LUNs are already striping and we do not
> want to stripe in ZFS *and* in the storage cabinet (internal politics).
What reasons are there for not doing so?  Perhaps if we know more
about the situation we can suggest alternative configurations.

Will