well, since the write cache flush command is disabled, I would like this to happen as early as practically possible in the bootup process, as ZFS will not be issuing the cache flush commands to the disks.

I'm not really sure what happens in the case where the write flush command is disabled, something makes its way into the write cache, then the cache is disabled. Does this mean the write cache is flushed to disk when the cache is disabled? If so, then I guess it's less critical when it happens in the bootup process or if it's permanent...

-Greg