On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 21:59, Jan Hlodan <jh231...@mail-emea.sun.com> wrote:
> I would like to import 3. partition as a another pool but I can't see this
> partition.
>
> sh-3.2# format -e
> Searching for disks...done
> AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
>      0. c7t0d0 <drive type unknown>
>         /p...@0,0/pci104d,8...@1d,7/stor...@4/d...@0,0
>      1. c9d0 <DEFAULT cyl 7830 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>
>         /p...@0,0/pci-...@1f,2/i...@0/c...@0,0
> I guess that 0. is wind partition and 1. is Opensolaris
What you see there are whole disks, not partitions.  Try "zpool
status", which will show you that rpool is on something like c9d0s0.
Then go into format again, pick 1 (in my example), type "fdisk" to
look at the DOS-style partition table and verify that the partitioning
of the disk matches what you thought it was.

Then you can create a new zpool with something like "zpool create data c9t0p3".

Will