On Sat, February 14, 2009 13:04, Blake wrote:
> I think you can kill the destroy command process using traditional
> methods.

kill and kill -9 failed.  In fact, rebooting failed; I had to use a hard
reset (it shut down most of the way, but then got stuck).

> Perhaps your slowness issue is because the pool is an older format.
> I've not had these problems since upgrading to the zfs version that
> comes default with 2008.11

We can hope.  In case that's the cause, I upgraded the pool format (after
considering whether I'd be needing to access it with older software; hope
I was right :-)).

The pool did import and scrub cleanly, anyway.  That's hopeful.  Also this
particular pool is a scratch pool at the moment, so I'm not risking losing
data, only risking losing confidence in ZFS.  It's also a USB external
disk.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info