Thanks for the info Dave, I filed a bug on this: 6805659.

Regards
Henrik
On Feb 13, 2009, at 1:30 AM, Dave wrote:

Henrik Johansson wrote:
I tried to export the zpool also, and I got this, the strange part is that it sometimes still thinks that the ubuntu-01-dsk01 dataset exists:
# zpool export zpool01
cannot open 'zpool01/xvm/dsk/ubuntu-01-dsk01': dataset does not exist
cannot unmount '/zpool01/dump': Device busy
But:
# zfs destroy zpool01/xvm/dsk/ubuntu-01-dsk01
cannot open 'zpool01/xvm/dsk/ubuntu-01-dsk01': dataset does not exist
Regards

I have seen this 'phantom dataset' with a pool on nv93. I created a zpool, created a dataset, then destroyed the zpool. When creating a new zpool on the same partitions/disks as the destroyed zpool, upon export I receive the same message as you describe above, even though I never created the dataset in the new pool.

Creating a dataset of the same name and then destroying it doesn't seem to get rid of it, either.

I never did remember to file a bug for it...

Henrik Johansson
http://sparcv9.blogspot.com