Hello Jerry,

JK> Hello Lori,

JK> Thank you again for the quick reply.

JK> Unfortunately, I had mistakenly anticipated a somewhat quicker
JK> integration than Solaris 10u8.

JK> Approaching this from another angle, would it be possible for me to
JK> build a jumpstart server using a current Solaris Nevada b107/SXCE, and
JK> to ultimately jumpstart Solaris 10u6 clients with a ZFS root using a
JK> flash archive as a source?

It won't work - it doesn't really matter what OS your jumpstart server
is running - it might be even Linux. Basically all it does is
assigning a client an IP address and serving files over tftp and nfs.

The support for what you are asking for has to be in a client's
miniroot served by jumpstart server. So if you want to use a clean S10
install it doesn't matter what OS is on your jumpstart server.

btw:

Assuming the required support is already in Nevada, technically
speaking you could try to use a miniroot from Nevada, hack it a little
bit and get S10 installed - there will be many issues I believe and
it's probably not worth it.

--
Best regards,
 Robert Milkowski