Maybe you're also seeing this one?

6586537 async zio taskqs can block out userland commands

-Jeff

Blake wrote:
I think we need some data to look at to find out what's being slow.
Try some commands like this to get data:

prstat -a

iostat -x 5

zpool iostat 5 (if you are using ZFS)

and then report sample output to this list.

You might also consider enabling sar (svcadm enable sar), then reading
the sar manpage.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Marius van Vuuren