Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> writes:

Just kind of dopy past mattering correction here.

> I suspect as well, that the access times in raidz1 or mirrored would
> be vastly higher than what the low end consumer grade NASs that are
> availabe offer.

Above should have said `vastly lower' or `vastly better'.  I'm saying
either technique is bound to beat the snot our of consumer grade NAS.

> I did try one out.. a WD Worldbook (about $200 US) that advertises
> gigabit access but in use cannot even come close to what a 10/100
> connect can handle.

Proof that at least that one was horribly slothful.

Posted just for the unlikely event that some reader might see that and
think consumer grade NAS have faster access times than zfs.