Hello All,

I have a ZFS root system with /export and /export/home ZFS file systems
from the root pool.    When I have additional non-ZFS mounts added to
the /etc/vfstab for /export/install or /export/install-Sol10.   Upon
boot I get an error from the SMF service
svc:/system/filesystem/local:default that there is no mount point
available for /export/install and /export/install-Sol10.

This looks like a race condition as I can issue the mountall and
everything works after I login.   So the root pool mount of /export
takes longer than the filesystem/local SMF service to try and mount the
/etc/vfstab entries.

I am able to work around this by moving all the /export mounts under
/etc/vfstab control (legacy mode for ZFS) as common ground, but wanted
to know if there was a bug or other modification that could be made to
keep the ZFS auto mounting and management and using the /etc/vfstab for
the other non-ZFS file systems ?.

Thanks

Geoff

Geoff Shipman - (303) 272-9955
Systems Technology Service Center - Operating System
Solaris and Network Technology Domain
Americas Systems Technology Service Center