On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Harry Putnam wrote:

Brent Jones <br...@servuhome.net> writes:

zfs set note:purpose="This file system is important"

zfs get note:purpose somefilesystem

Maybe that helps...

Heck of a start... thanks.  It would be nice to be able to find that
stuff per zpool though, because to me it gets kind of confusing where

Simply substitute 'zfs' with 'zpool' and 'pool' for 'somefilesystem'. Both the 'zfs' and 'zpool' commands support similar syntax.

zfs filesytems stop and regular heiarchy begins.. also I seem to end
up mounting some of my zfs filesystem in places that are not really in
the proper order far as the root is concerned.

A useful way to obtain the mount point for a directory is with the 'df' command. Just do 'df .' while in a directory to see where its filesystem mount point is:

% df .
Sun_2540/home/bfriesen
                     119677846  65811409  53866437  55% /home/bfriesen

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn