On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Michael Shadle <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to try to move one of my disks off my rpool tomorrow (since
> it's a mirror) to a different controller.
>
> According to what I've heard before, ZFS should automagically
> recognize this new location and have no problem, right?

I successfully have realized how nice ZFS is with locating the proper
location of the disk across different controllers/ports. Besides for
rpool - ZFS boot. Moving those creates a huge PITA.

Now quick question - if I have a raidz2 named 'tank' already I can
expand the pool by doing:

zpool attach tank raidz2 device1 device2 device3 ... device7

It will make 'tank' larger and each group of disks (vdev? or zdev?)
will be dual parity. It won't create a mirror, will it?