Nicholas Lee wrote:

> The standard controller that has been recommended in the past is the
> AOC-SAT2-MV8 - an 8 port with a marvel chipset.  There have been several
> mentions of LSI based controllers on the mailing lists and I'm wondering
> about them.

We tried the Marvel controller, and it does not handle hot swapping
well; the LSI 1068 does seem to work well (I'm using it on an Asus
P5BV/SAS mb), though there is some concern about a higher error rate
I've seen elsewhere (and iostat seems to be corroborating, though the
question is is it just reporting what everthing else is seeing too?
Everything seems to be working normally...).  Watch out for UIO
controllers --- I got  one and it turns out they are reversed and don't
fit in normal chassis.  A friend of mine is using the LSI SAS3801E
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816118076) and
seems to like it...