Hi zfsers

Just wanted to ping the list since one of the osunix/grub devs has been working hard at porting zfs to grub2. I don't think he's subscribed to zfs-discuss so quoting his original email and cc'ing him.

Drop by #osunix on freenode if you're interested in the raidz/compressed rpool support

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2009-04/msg00512.html
patch
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2009-04/txtPQO8HRPI4u.txt
---
Hello, here is initial port of zfs from grub-solaris. It can only read file by its name. No ls or tab completition yet. Also identation and error handling in this patch is completely wrong. To choose the dataset set zfs variable. Here is an example of how I tested it:
grub> zfs=grubz/grubzfs
grub> cat (hd0)/hello
hello, grub
grub>
Such syntax is temporary and heavily restricts what you can do with different zfs filesystems (e.g. you can't cmp files on different filesystems)
I propose the following syntax for the future:
(<one of vdevs>:<fs name>)
E.g.
(hd0:grubzfs)
Any other porposition?