Erik Trimble wrote:
the "zfs send" and "zfs receive" commands can be used analogously to "ufsdump" and "ufsrestore".

You'll have to create the root pool by hand when doing a system restore, but it's not really any different than having to partition the disk under the old ufs-way.

So, use "zfs send" to write the zfs filesystems to DAT.

To recover:

(1) boot from S10 DVD
(2) exit installer
(3) create root zfs pool
(4) create root zfs filesystem, swap, and dump zvols, and any other normal zfs filesystem in the root zpool.
(5) restore each filesystem using "zfs receive" from the DAT.
(6) use "installboot" (for SPARC), remembering to use the -F zfs option, to get the bootblock done

Thanks Erik, the document on http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Troubleshooting_Guide is really helpful and inline with what you mentioned.
However, I still have 2 problems here :
1. What will be the utility to manage the tape drive? I believe I should use the "mt" command here 2. What will be the utility to stream the data in and out of the tape? Can I use "cat" ?

regards,

Dedhi