I was checking with Sun support regarding this issue, and they say "The CR
currently has a high priority and the fix is understood. However, there is
no eta, workaround, nor IDR."

If it's a high priority, and it's known how to fix it, I was curious as to
why has there been no progress? As I understand, if a failure of the log
device occurs while the pool is active, it automatically switches back to
an embedded pool log. It seems removal would be as simple as following the
failure path to an embedded log, and then update the pool metadata to
remove the log device. Is it more complicated than that? We're about to do
some testing with slogs, and it would make me a lot more comfortable to
deploy one in production if there was a backout plan :)...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu