I have been playing around with osol-nv-b114 version, and the ZFS user and group quotas.

First of all, it is fantastic. Thank you all! (Sun, Ahrens and anyone else involved).

I'm currently copying over one of the smaller user areas, and setting up their quotas, so I have yet to start large scale testing. But the initial work is very promising. (Just 90G data, 341694 accounts)

Using userquota@, userused@ and userspace commands are easy to pick up.

With a test account with 50M quota, and a "while [ 1 ]" script copying a 5M file, it reaches about 120M before the user is stopped (as expected).

The lazy-update-quota is not a problem for us, and less of a problem the more quota the user has (50M is a bit low).

I was unable to get ZFS quota to work with rquota. (Ie, NFS mount the volume on another server, and issue "quota 1234". It returns nothing).

I assume rquota is just not implemented, not a problem for us.

perl cpan module Quota does not implement ZFS quotas. :)

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lund...@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)