On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Orvar Korvar wrote:

In the comments there are several people complaining of loosing data. That doesnt sound to good. It takes a long time to build a good reputation, and 5 minutes to ruin it. We dont want ZFS to loose it's reputation of an uber file system.

I recognize the fellow who griped the most on Slashdot. He wasted quite a lot of time here because he was not willing to read any of the zfs documentation. His PC had failing memory chips which resulted in data corruption. He did not use any ZFS RAID features.

Basically this Slashdot discussion is typical Apple discussion with lots of people who don't know anything at all talking about what Apple may or may not do. Anyone who did learn what Apple is planning to do can't say anything since they had to sign an NDA to learn it. As usual, the users will learn what Apple decided to do at midnight on the day the new OS is released.

If Apple dumps ZFS it would be most likely due to not having developed sufficient GUIs to make it totally "user friendly".

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn