Hi UNIX admin,

I would check fmdump -eV output to see if this error is isolated or
persistent.

If fmdump says this error is isolated, then you might just monitor the
status. For example, if fmdump says that these errors occurred on 6/15
and you moved this system on that date or you know that someone
shouted at c1t11d0 on that date, then those events might explain this
issue and you can use zpool clear to clear the error state.

If fmdump says the c1t11d0 error persists over a period of time, then I
could consider replacing this device.

You can review more diagnostic tips here:

http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Troubleshooting_Guide#Resolving_Hardware_Problems

Cindy

UNIX admin wrote:
pool: space01
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
        attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors
        using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
 scrub: scrub in progress, 2.48% done, 4h18m to go
config:

        NAME         STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        space01      ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t1d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t2d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t3d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t9d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t10d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t11d0  ONLINE       0     0     2

errors: No known data errors
The last drive shows two checksum errors, but iostat(1M) shows no hardware
errors on that disk:

iostat -Ene | grep Hard | grep c1t11d0
c1t11d0          Soft Errors: 178 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0

I'm not sure what I need to do, respectively how else I can determine if "the device
needs replaced".
Do I perform zpool clear, or do I need to replace c1t11d0, or do I rerun scrub?