There's a configuration issue in there somewhere. I have a ZFS based system serving up to some ESX servers working great with a few exceptions.

First off perf was awful, but there was some confusion on how to optimize network traffic on ESX so I installed a fresh one using only the defaults, no jumbo frames, no etherchannel and I was able to push the ZFS server to wire speed read and write over iSCSI. I still have the write problem over NFS though. I should be back in the datacenter tomorrow to see if it's specific to the ESX NFS client.

So my advice is to start looking at all of the tweaks that have been applied to the networking setup on the Xen side first.

Cordialement,

Erik Ableson

+33.6.80.83.58.28
Envoyé depuis mon iPhone